Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I just wen to use my kitchen aid gas oven. It started,the

I just wen to use my kitchen aid gas oven. It started,the temp did get to 300, but then it went off and the display reads-- F7:E0.
Meither the convection or the regular will stay on.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 E0 is an invalid latch switch reading. The problem is that the heat will cause one of the switches on the latch to think that your latch is open and closed at the same. This shouldn't happen normally of course, but when the switch is beginning to fail, the heat will affect it. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you. Since was just ready to prepare meal for close to 60 people, you can imagine the panic i was in. So as a temporary fix (since it is Sunday evening, I held the door closed (and my breath), and the oven stayed on. I put the food in and the oven has not shut off. Thank-you and I will call my service repair. Approximately what is the cost of the part and the a potential fee for service?

Thank-you for your quick response-- it was excellent.

So the cost of the part is about $75 or so I believe depending on your exact model, and a technician will likely charge about $125 or so for trip and labor. That being said, I hope the oven continues working, but the error will likely re-appear sooner rather than later so it's something you want to fix very soon.