kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

My may tag centennial commercial washer purchased on November

Customer Question

My may tag centennial commercial washer purchased on November 6,2010 has stopped in mid cycle. When I went to check the spin cycle light was on and also the done cycle light on. However it is locked I have read your troubleshooting guidelines and they are of no help . I have clothes in the dryer i cannot get. What should I do.?
Thank you.
Elaine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 3 years ago.

kingmz :

Hello my name is Marcus, is this a front loading or top loading washer?

JACUSTOMER-6ne5ue4p- :

It is a top loader.

kingmz :

Is there water in the washer?

JACUSTOMER-6ne5ue4p- :

I do not know since the lid is locked

kingmz :

Okay, some of those have see through lid. It sounds like you may have an issue with your pump. If there is too much water it will not unlock.

kingmz :

I am guessing here since I don't have your exact model number, there should be two clips in the front that come off, use a flat screwdriver something similar at both ends of the front of the touch panel

JACUSTOMER-6ne5ue4p- :

How can I unlock the lid to be sure?my model# is MVWC400XW

kingmz :

You have to unclog the pump, take off the front panel how I described before. Then you will see a harness to the lid switch, unplug that. Then you will see two metal clips at both sides, use a flat to push in on the clip and lift it up, the entire front part will come off.

kingmz :

You should see a pump in the front with two clips holding the pump in, take the clips off. There will be two hoses attached to the pump, make sure you have a shot vac or a bunch of towels or a bucket. Empty out the water, and see if there is anything blocking the flow of water.

kingmz :

if you have a shot vac, I would advise to take the vac to the outlet hose (the hose that goes into your wall) and suck all the water out before removing the hoses.

JACUSTOMER-6ne5ue4p- :

Did you check my model #. This sounds very technical. is it??

kingmz :

its very simple, sounds harder than it is. let me see if I can get a videwo

kingmz :

Even though it doesnt say maytag, its the same procedure, maytag=whirlpool.

kingmz :

actually I am sorry, you aren't unscrewing at the back

kingmz :

you are taking it from the front with the clips

kingmz :

kingmz :

So in the beginning of the video step the part that says unscrew, do what this picture says to do, then follow the video.

kingmz :

Once you have drained the water, put the hoses back on, put the frame back on. Put the washer in spin, then stop it the lid should be opened.

kingmz :

if that doesn't solve your issue, come back here and well continue.