Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

The ice in my frigidaire icemaker freezes fine, but will not

The ice in my frigidaire icemaker freezes fine, but will not "eject" fully from the maker and then freezes on top of the paddles that usually spin and push the cubes out when the line fills the tray the next time.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model #FSC23F7DB1 SN LA44019534
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just a couple of minutes to upload an image for you.

Click the link below to see the image.

When the ice maker has stopped with ice on the ejector blades (arrowed blue in the image) remove the white square end cap (arrowed red) near the door on the end of the ice maker. Under that you will see 2 gears. Remove the screw from the larger gear(arrowed green). Remove the larger gear and then with your hand advance the ejector blades further to the point so it will be to the point it has dumped the ice. Put the gear and screw back on. You may have to do this a few times to get it exactly where you want it but that should take care of it.

If you have any questions please ask by clicking the reply to expert link. If not please leave a rating.