The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a top load dryer. The electronic read-out has gone out.

I have a top load dryer. The electronic read-out has gone out. It started dimming and now I can't read it at all so I can't tell what the settings are. Is there a battery that needs to be changed somewhere? I have a top load washer as well that I bought at the same time (about 6 years ago) and the read-out on it is quite vibrant.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Had to go look it up!

Thank you, Loyce.
When the digital readout begins to fade there isnt anything that can be done about it except replace the control modual. Although not cheap it will give you plenty more years of service. These are great units and are worth the repair cost.
The replacement is easy. Just remove the screws along the back of th econtrol consol and the control panel is accessable from there. Remove the wire harnesses and install the new panel.
Please click here to order a new control modual.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**