Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My icemaker has it work for a week. Ive Tried everything,

My icemaker has it work for a week. I've Tried everything, make sure the door was close, move things around look etc. Now the water is running into the freezer from The ice cube maker inside. What do I do?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you give me a minute to look that up please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok to clarify the ice maker has stopped working and now water is running into the fridge from the fill tube above the ice maker.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok can you pull the power cord for the unit and tell me if the water still runs out, plug the unit back in after you look.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That will take a few minutes. I have the water supply turned off to the fridge. Now I've turned it back on and I'm waiting for it the ice dispenser to kick in again.
Ok Diane let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The water started running inside again, when I unplugged the fridge it stops.
Ok thats what I needed to know.

Unfortunately the ice maker has a bad contact and is stuck in the fill cycle. This means the ice maker will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the replacement ice maker

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ice maker was replaced and everything is working great, thank you.
Great. Thanks Diane