The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

i have a bosch axxis stackable and when i push start button,

i have a bosch axxis stackable and when i push start button, it just clicks and beeps with lights flashing over 3 different spin cycles. door isn't opening. i already drained the machine & unplugged for a few minutes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model no: WAS20160UC/01

FD No.: 8804 200194

Serial No: KD Code ME109A 71100X232001004

Lisa, I would like for you to run a test for me. It is easy and requires no tools.

Please do th efollowing and tell me if an error code shows up at the end. The error code will appear as F: nn. nn=number number in the digital display.

-Close the door

- Set program selector switch to position 0 ("OFF")

- Set program selector switch to position 8 (6:00 o'clock)

- Wait until the start LED is flashing.

- Actuate and hold the "Spin speed" button

- Set program selector switch to position 9 (turn clockwise) state LED's and seven-segment display are illuminated for a period of 3 sec

- Release the "Spin speed" button.

Any error codes will display at this point. Please write them down and post them here.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There's no display for any codes/messages to appear and no 0's or 9's. The model I have is the one with just a dial to choose the type of wash I want and it has red indicator lights for different spin cycles and wash with a touch button for start/pause. Not sure what kind of diagnostic test I would run since no error codes pop up--just flashing indicator lights.

Sorry about that. The tech site is in german and is difficult to understand sometimes.

Pleasew use the same procedure, but let me know which lights come on/flash after you release the spin speed button.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It doesnt allow me to run the spin function. If I try to just put it on the spin function it clicks 3 times as if it's trying to lock and then lights up 3 different spin cycle buttons. After this I can't open the door. I travel for work and am not home to try but I've tried the tests multiple times to try to reset it and nothing works.

Lisa, you are not trying to put it into the spin cycle. The button and dial combinations will allow the unit to display error codes that are stored in the systems memory.

Start by unplugging the unit for a minuet just to be sure that it isnt accidentally in a cycle, and then follow the procedure above.

After you release the spin button the lights will flash or light up. Just tell me which lights are lit and I will translate that into an error code from the service manual.

Once we get an error code I can tell you what has failed and how to go about fixing it.

No problem with you not being home now. Just try it when you get back. Ill be here.

Hi, Lisa. Just checking in so your question doesn't time out.

Let me know when you are ready to proceed.

Best, Smitty

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances