Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

my professional series 40 inch range started clicking every

Customer Question

my professional series 40 inch range started clicking every several seconds. The spark igniter is firing . Can you tall me what is going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Electrolux and Frigidaire service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : if you range is trying to ignite the surface burners and the switches have not become activated or have not been turned to ignite position then you have a shorted out spark module for the oven range.
Jon : it is a common problem and one that usually happens after a power surge. It can be easily fixed by replacing the spark module. Also sometimes called a reignition module.
Jon : if you give me the model and serial number of your range I can look the parts p for you and see where you can order them from? Then I will give the part info to you so you can order them and have the sent out to you. And if you are somewhat handy and have some basic tools, I can walk you through and give you steps to install the module yourself. This will save you hundreds.
Jon : please just get back to me here with the model and serial numbers of the machine.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Chris,

It seems there was a problem with the live chat feature of the website. So I have switched the chat format to questions and answer. Please get back to me here and respond back to me the same way you would with the live chat feature. Once you have responded back to me here with the full model and serial numbers of your machine I can help you more.

Please note that this is a common problem with ranges like yours. And one that can be fixed quickly and cheaply.

Please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Thanks again and I hope to hear back from you soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot find serial #. have original receipt with model # PLGF659EC. purchased 4/14/07

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Got it. Thank you. The model number should be good enough. Let me check it and get back to you in a few minutes. I will get back to you with the part info so you can order the spark module.

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK great

I saw in my folder that I purchased a 10 year warruntee at PC Richards. Do you think they will fix it?

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Depending on kind of warranty you purchased from pc they should fix it for you. Should be something covered.
Just call them up and schedule a service call for free. They will send someone out to look at it then fix it.

Let me get the part in for you now. This way you can tell them exactly what it needs.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
The part number for the spark module is 318079001 and should cost about $65.

When you call pc out just make sure they are getting you that spark module.

Please get back to me if you have any questions or concerns and I will help you more.