Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

my kitchenaid dishwasher wont run. the clean LED light flashes

my kitchenaid dishwasher wont run. the clean LED light flashes 7 times repeatedly. it says to check connections and run diagnostics on heater circuit. I took apart to check connections but what other diagnostics do I run. how do I clear mode its stuck in and how do I know what to replace
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you tell me what buttons are on the control from left to right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

heavy normal rinse only hi-temp scrub energy saver dry start cancel

Ok the problem here is either with the heat system or the control thinks there is a problem with the heat system.

First try hitting the reset.

Press these buttons one at a time.

Hi temp scrub

Energy saver dry

Hi temp scrub

Energy saver dry

Then hit the cancel button

Wait for the pump to stop then try a new cycle.

If the light begins to blink again you will need to check the door switches, thermostat and heater with a ohm meter, once the bad part has been found it will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. we will see what happens. nothing against you but I may have paid twice just now. can you check to make sure I only get billed once. thanks again. im very satisfied. I hope itstays working

Yes ill make sure the other question gets cancelled and you refunded.

Thanks!

Mike.