Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. I have had pieces of glass

I have a Kitchenaid dishwasher. I have had pieces of glass or something jam the chopper assembly in the past. I have been able to take it out and remove the offending piece on about three different occasions. Now every month or two I loose cleaning ability on the top rack. I have found that the mesh on the chopper assembly is clogged with lint. I am concerned that the chopper blade is no longer spinning. I am able to turn that blade by hand - shouldn't this be engaged to the motor?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, You should replace your chopper blade assembly.these do get worn and don't chop the food correctly. After you clean the chopper does the top wash okay ? Heres a link where you can order the new chopper blade, Theres also a video on how to replace it. Food Chopper Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886?modelNumber=KUDI01DLBL2?RCAID=1000065 its around $20.00, thanks and best wishes .Bryan