Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

The oven in my KitchenAid Oven/Microwave (KEMS377GWH0) underheats.

The oven in my KitchenAid Oven/Microwave (KEMS377GWH0) underheats. I set the temp to 400 degrees but when the digital displays 400 the actual temp measured by an analog thermometer is 325. I have already raised temp adjustment to its max value. I pulled the sensor and measured the resistance at room temp. It measured 1.1k ohms. Any ideas for next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Does the temps stay around 325 all the time at 400? Or do they get hotter the longer the oven is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not check that situation. I will need to put sensor and door back before I can check.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That is important as depending on analog sensors, can cause problems, you have to wait at least 25 minutes more when you use them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that will take a while. How do I get back to you?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I am here for at least another hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will let you know.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it back together and heating, let you know in 20 minutes
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
SOunds like a winner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well who said electrical engineers are bright? After 10 minutes the thermometer reads 400. Thank you for the reminder of what analog means, guess I've been digital too long!
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I rate you?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
There should be smiley faces the top 3 are the best ones