Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hello, goodmorning! I have a kitchenaid superba refrigerator

Hello, goodmorning! I have a kitchenaid superba refrigerator that first started having repeated occurances of the over temp alarm going off (I reset it each time) then, the power completely shuts off. This happened yesterday and it came back on after an hour or so. This morning it just did it again and has not come back on. Any suggestions for figuring out the problem? I do keep the bottom behind the grate cleaned out often. Thank you for your help!

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, not at this time. I'm at work, and doing research on what to do when I get home.

Kismet,
Without the model number I cannot even pull up any diagnostic sheets on the unit, The model line "superba" covers a wide range of units, if you can call somebody at home it would be easy to help you with your problem...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll have to get back to you when I get home. It's 430am here, I only get home in 4 hrs. Sorry!

No problem, I will be here for another 8 hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chas,

So the fridge is currently working and the internal temps are OK. So this is the second night in a row that this has happened. The over temp alarm goes off occasionaly during the day (we press the over temp alarm button and it goes back to normal), then it stops working (lights, water, fan, all components) at night for perhaps 30mins to a few hrs, then it comes on by itself. I appoligise for not having specific times for you but it happens when I sleep during the day and when I'm working at night.

Model #KSRA25FKSS00

mfg date 08-01

What do you think might be going on? I can work on it tomorrow.

Thank you,

Kismet

I wanted to run a diagnostic tests on it, I have the tech sheet for it, I think it is going to tell us what is wrong with the unit, I take it you are not at home yet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am home, how long would it take? I ask because I need to sleep, I work tonight as well, 12hr shifts. Could I possibly do it tomorrow am? I don't know how this service/question thing works, if I would be able or you even available tomorrow. If it would be under 30mins I could do it now.

I'm so sorry for being a pain...working nights messes up "normal" life.

I am here everyday, I am going to send you the tech sheet so you will have them...

Click_here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! I will work on it after I've had some sleep!

Great, I should be on later also, check to see if I am here..