The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

None of the door dispenser lights on Whirlpool Gold fridge

None of the door dispenser lights on Whirlpool Gold fridge are working. In checkingwater lines, Water does not seem to get past water filter. No led lights on door dispenser are coming on. No ice making, etc. cooling and freezing perfectly.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do any of the dispenser functions work at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. None of the led lights come on. Ice maker will not get water, water in door does not work. It is as though water will not get past where filter would be in bottom of fridge. Thought it would flow unfiltered.
Well, the ice maker issue is a separate issue, so let's work on the dispenser function first. On the bottom of the freezer door hinge is the wire harness for the door. Is it unplugged or show any signs of damage to the wires?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was under cover of TOP hinge. Was in tact. I unplugged and re plugged for yes any way with no luck.
Some are on top, this one shows it on the bottom, sorry about that. Do you hear any noise at all when you dispense water, like humming or buzzing, if you set your ear against the cabinet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing. nd remember no water is coming out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there perhaps a regulator that will send water on through? Does the filter NEED o be in place for water to flow through system?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
After an hour, no response whatsoever from expert. Not trying to be impatient, but it appears he went offline.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Some units have a special plug that is required to allow the water to pass to the ice maker and water dispenser.

In your case there isnt a plug that allows the water to pass to the dispenser or ice maker. You must have a filter in place to use either one.

As for the control panel not working...

If the wires are connected at the hinge, and at the main control board in the back of the unit then the control panel circuit board is dead and will just have to be replaced.

Please click here to order a new filter.

Please click here to order the new control board.

To install the board remove the drip tray cover and use a putty knife with some masking tape on the blade (to prevent scratches) and gently pry out on the bottom of the dispenser facia. Tap up on the facia to release the slip locks, and pull the whole thing forward a bit. Disconnect the wires and replace it with the new one.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was afraid the filter needed to be in place. That will get my ice maker going again, yes? I can live with that for a while and the controller board seems to be $200+ so that will sting but....

It just seemed to coincide with each other so was not sure what happened.