Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Cannot remove the od error code. Tried opening and closing

Cannot remove the 'od' error code. Tried opening and closing door. Also unplugged washer for 5 min. This is a topload.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

OD - Machine control board did not see the door open prior to the beginning of a new wash load.

1.Open and close door, then restart washer.

2.Check wire connections in harness leading from machine control board to door lock mechanism.

3.Check door monitor switch for welded contacts.

4.Check inputs and outputs at machine control board.

This machine has two locks one either side so you will need to check out both door locks, check the wire harness out with a ohm meter and check the wire terminals where the wires hook up to the control board. once you determine with a ohm meter which lock has failed or if the wire harness or control board has failed the part will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure door had locks ?

Can you give me the model number from under the lid, ill post a schematic. should be under the lid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FAV6800

Ok the locks are parts 16 and 17 on the schematic below, I have also included a picture.

graphic

graphic

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't have ability to understand this. Not mechanicallym oriented. probably need a service call??

If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself then yes Jim that would be a good idea, would save you buying parts you don't need that are not returnable.

Thanks!

Mike.