The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

digital temp.gauge does not go on

Customer Question

digital temp.gauge does not go on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pds22scrbrss

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

like what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

like what? info do you need

Okay Marty. Is the unit cooling or getting warm?

If it is getting warm please unplug it for a couple minuets and that will reset the main control board. That should get it working right again.

If the unit is staying cold then this is a common failure with these units. The display board is bad and will just need to be replaced.

Please see the screen shot below for the instructions.

This is a fairly common item and should be available locally or on line from http://appliancepartspros.com/.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**

graphic

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Smity

do you know part number that I can order?

Sure. Here you go, Marty.

Part number WR55X10340

Please click here to order the part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

smity

new motherboard does not work

Just to be sure, did you replace the display board, or the main control board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only replaced the BRD ASM TEMP

WR55x10340

digital temp. do not light up

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure you replaced the temp control board and not the main board (motherboard).

Unfortunately the only way to determine which one id bad is to replace the temp board first and then the main board if that one does not resolve the problem.

If you ordered the part from the link i provided you may return it for credit and order the main board.

Marty, I am sorry for the inconvienence, but as mentioned this is the only way to find out for sure which one is bad. Service companies carry both parts on their trucks just for this purpose.

Best, Smitty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please recommend the proper part number for main motherboard

and where is it located in the refrigerator

The main board is located in the back of the unit under an access cover abvout 9" x 6". remove the 1/4" screw and the board is easy to replace.

Please click here to order the new board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help I need a diagram on how to install the motherboard

The board is plug and play. The wires have molex connectors that prevent you from plugging the wires into the wrong connections.

Just open the access panel, and disconnect the wires. There are 4 screws that hold the board in place. One near each corner. Remove them and the board comes out.