Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I left copper bottom pan on metal stove top and burned the

I left copper bottom pan on metal stove top and burned the copper off pan and now a white ring on stove top. can this be cleaned or have I damaged stove top
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately the cooktop is likely damaged and can not be cleaned to remove the ring. If there is any chance of cleaning the top, you'll need to put some cooktop cleaner on it and then use a razor blade to try to scrape the residue off the top of the cooktop. Below is a video that will show you how to do this process.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!