Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I got a call from a customer with one a Frigidaire Laundry

I got a call from a customer with one a Frigidaire Laundry Center. The front load washer is making a squealing sound in spin mode. He says it doesn't matter whether it is empty or full of clothes, it still squeals badly.
Hello again, hope your day is going well.

If it's squealing during spin, that's a major issue. It means that the main rear drum bearing is failing. Now the real problem is that you can't just replace the bearing because it's part of the rear outer tub on Frigidaire units. In addition to that, when the bearing gets damaged, it damages the shaft that goes through the bearing. The shaft is part of the inner tub and can't be replaced separately. Parts alone are about $600-700 so it really doesn't make sense to fix this issue because it'll cost another $200-300 at least in labor since it takes 3 hours or so to replace these parts.