Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

can i buy just the ss frame around the glasstop model p942

can i buy just the ss frame around the glasstop model p942s0m1ss
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately that is not a possibility for this model. The glasstop is sold with the stainless steel trim and are not sold separately. That's just how GE decided to sale the part. Also, the stainless steel trim should not be easily removable if at all. That frame is glued with epoxy to the glass top so it's really not supposed to separate.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!