Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Yes. Its totally dead and the timer still clicks when turned and those wires tested good and the door button clicks when pressed.
There is a thermal fuse in your dryer that may be open and not allowing your dryer to start. This thermal fuse is wired in series with the motor and is designed to prevent the machine from overheating. This fuse is located in the back of your dryer behind the rear panel. Unplug the dryer and remove the rear panel and set it aside. If you look just to the left of the vent tube that the exhaust hose hooks to, you will see a white, rectangular plastic part with two wires going to it, probably blue wires, that is the thermal fuse. It is number 7 in the diagram below. With the dryer unplugged, remove the wires from the thermal fuse and tape them together so they are making full contact with each other. Plug the dryer back in and see if it will then start. If it does, the thermal fuse will need to be replaced, but you will also need to determine why it opened. The thermal fuse is pictured below. Let me know what happens after this simple test.
I used to but misplaced it awhile back and havent gotten another one yet. Now I wish I did.
How do I turn it on without starting it.? Theres only the timer switch and the start button...?
Nope still cold inside and idk if the element makes a sound or not but the only sound is the timer clicking when I turn it.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!
Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
One more thing, would I be able to use the dryer with heat and everything and bypass the switch until I get a new one or will it not heat.? I cleaned out the lent trap and there was a lot of lent built up at the bottom of it; the hose was clear.
Okay. Lets say I use it tonight and get the switch tomorrow, do you think it would over heat to the point where it could catch fire.?
Attachments are only available to registered users.