Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have an Affinity Dryer, model AEQ7000ES1, that displays "dr"

Customer Question

I have an Affinity Dryer, model AEQ7000ES1, that displays "dr" and beeps 3 times if I try to use any heat setting other than LOW. Any ideas where the problem is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I am sorry to hear of your dryer trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! I would like to start by checking for any error codes.

1. Wake the dryer up by pressing any button but “cancel”.

2. Press and hold the “cancel” and “start pause” buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to show the last error code recorded.

Can you please let me know what comes up on the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dr

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That is the only one after entering the diagnostic mode above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yep

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and it will run and stay running with the low heat setting but no other?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It will SOMETIMES start on Medium but shuts off within a minute.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you! The issue likely lies with the relay on the control board that closes to energize the heating element.

Remove the top of the machine (screws along back edge) and locate the control. On the back of the control, the large black relay in the corner is the heater relay. Do the wires attached to that relay appear to be discolored or burnt? If they do, you may be able to replace the connectors, If they look normal, the issue lies at board level and the board will need to be replaced. The correct board for your model is pictured and available below. Let me know what you find.

Control Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know!. You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming what I feared; now I gotta decide if $200 and another week without a dryer is worth it! Thanks again; you were prompt and spot on.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!