Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Cabrio Automatic Washer with 6th sense technology

I have a Cabrio Automatic Washer with 6th sense technology During most washings it seems to not be spinning. it can make it all the way down to 10 minutes left and it will pop a Ld code. I can stop the cycle and after a few tries can get it to drain and spin. This will also happen during the wash light at times but usually during the spin light.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So lets start by explaining your error code. "Ld" means that your washer isn't draining.  This is why you must run it through drain and spin a few times before it will drain enough water to finally go into the spin cycle. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer.  The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub.  It will need to be removed to check for any blockages.  If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again.  If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the drain pump itself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does the drain pipe look like and placement of it? Is it off to one side on the bottom? is there any panel that I need to remove to see the drain pump? could you send me some kind of diagram of photo?

You don't need to remove the panel, you just tip the unit back and it's there. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump.

CLICK HERE for video