Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ive got a GE Profile microwave model number pnm1871sm1ss that

I've got a GE Profile microwave model number pnm1871sm1ss that has stopped heating up food. When I run it the microwave sounds like it's working, but nothing is warming. I believe that just before I noticed it not working one of my family members ran the microwave for 5 minutes with nothing inside, thinking they had simply been using the timer. Not sure if this is the cause or coincidence. I need advice trouble shooting so I can make the repair. Thank you.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If the microwave was indeed ran with nothing in it, the thermal fuse has opened and will need to be replaced. This thermal cut out, or fuse, is shown as number 44 in the diagram and is mounted directly above the microwave cavity once the outer cabinet wrapper has been removed. Once that is replaced, you should have restored cooking.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Thermal Cut Out <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is helpful. Did I understand you correctly to say that the easiest way to access this part is to unmount the microwave from the cabinets, lower, and then unscrew the outer shell?

That is correct, it will need to be removed from the cabinet and the outer wrapper removed.