Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Dacor oven, style #CPO130B from 1992, is making an alarm

Our Dacor oven, style #CPO130B from 1992, is making an alarm sound and is flashing FO on it. The fan is on and the oven won't work. I need this fixed asap! Please help. We had to turn off the electricity to stop it from ringing!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error F0 is quite a bit of a problem for this unit because it's an older oven. It means that one of your selector buttons isn't working properly. Now that would keep the fan running which likely means that the display board which the button control plugs into is actually the part that has failed. Now both parts are no longer made, which is really what makes this a bad problem. The display board is part number 82874 and you could call someone like Appliancetimers.com to see if they refurbish the board. If so, it would cost about $200 or so normally to have the board refurbished and it would take a few weeks for you to send the old display board in and wait for them to repair it and send it back out to you. Otherwise, it really is time to think about replacing the oven on a unit that is 21 years old because it won't be long before every part is no longer made.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!