Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

LG WM2010CW Washer will not run...the front display panel lights

Customer Question

LG WM2010CW Washer will not run...the front display panel lights up, and all of the lights surrounding the selector dial are lit. When I turn the dial nothing happens. When pressing any of the buttons on the front panel nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the front panel lights up, that means that your main relay power board is sensing power to the front panel properly, but something is going on with the logic in the display board itself and the logic has become corrupted. You've already tried to unplug the unit to see if the electronics will work, but since that didn't work, the only option is to replace the display board itself. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE for interface control board on your model

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Great...thanks for the quick response. As far as getting to the display board...where are the screws located to remove the front panel? Looking at the machine, I am assuming that I pull the top off and then get to the control board from the back. Is this the correct way to access the board?

I saw that there were two screws on the back of the unit to release the top, and read that it just slides back once the screws are removed.

Thanks for your help! ET

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
So you are correct, you need to remove the top panel first. So pull the washer forward, unplug the unit and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now remove the dispenser drawer on the front and remove the screws going in through the dispense frame. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the washer going into the control panel and then the control panel should pull off to replace the display board.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I really appreciate the quick response and your expertise. I will order the part and get to work. I will leave feedback now and then let you know if I have any other questions. Regards, ET

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Doc....another quick question....can I just replace the PCB board instead of the entire assembly? It looks like just 7 screws holding the PCB into the plastic frame and then re-attaching the wiring harness. The part number I am seeing from the link you sent is EBR43249701.

This would save $40 if I can do this...

Thanks,

ET

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
That's the main power board, that's not causing the problem unfortunately. You can't just replace that part.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Glad I asked first! Sometimes trying to save money ends up costing more. I will go ahead with your recommendation and get to it. Have a great weekend!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
ok good luck.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I replaced the board, and it ran 5 loads perfectly. After the 5th load, the washer started acting up again. Random turn on and turn offs, and now it does not do anything more than turn on and all the selector lights light up (just as it was doing prior to replacing the board).

Extremely disappointed in this washer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
That is definitely quite odd. I would warranty out the board because LG has a 30 day warranty on the board. Now if the issue comes back, the only thing that would cause it is the main relay board. So you may need to also replace that Main relay board you were talking about before. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that, but if anything is causing the interface board to short out, it would be the main relay board.