Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Kenmore dishwasher model number 15769000 has no power to

My Kenmore dishwasher model number 15769000 has no power to the controls. The unit has power to the latch and to the back of the control board but it still no workie
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like you've already done a bit of testing, but the door latch won't actually stop power to the controls on this model, it'll just stop it from starting. If you have no power whatsoever, then there is a little white plastic fuse clipped onto the edge of the control board. Disconnect the 2 wires going to this fuse and put a jumper wire between the 2 wires or test continuity through the fuse and see if the fuse has continuity. If the fuse doesn't have continuity, replace it. If you put a jumper wire between the two wires and the control panel won't light up, then you need to replace the fuse also.

Other than that, if the fuse isn't the problem, you'll need to replace the control board itself. Below is a link to both parts depending on which part you need.

CLICK HERE for fuse

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok so it is just the fuse. this looks like a thermo fuse. do you know the specs. i can't read them off the curent fuse but i can pick up this thermo fuse at radio shack and solder it into the little white plastic peice and get my diswasher working tonight.

98ºC is the spec, but I would really just replace the entire fuse because it comes with new wires which need to be installed. The contacts were not every good with the original fuse which is why the fuse goes bad, so the metal is now different and makes better contact.