Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Bosch Nexxt Model WFMC3200UC/01/FD8411/909303 (from

I have a Bosch Nexxt Model WFMC3200UC/01/FD8411/909303 (from inside the door). When I turn the dial to try to turn it on the only light that comes on is the "Max Spin" light. If I press the start button, it beeps but the door does not lock and nothing happens. Can you shed any light on this for me? Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The fact that only the max spin light is coming on is a problem. This is definitely a control board issue, but it sounds like you've already tried to unplug the washer for 60 seconds to see if that will reset the electronics. It did no reset and there is no other way to reset the control board, so you'll need to order and replace the control board to fix the issue. The part is about $175, so it's definitely not a cheap part, but aside from trying to unplug the unit overnight to see if a longer period of unplugging the unit will reset the control board. If that doesn't fix the problem then below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to bother you, but is there any type of reset button on the unit? For the cost of the machine, it would seem that there would be another type of fail-safe option. Is there anything else I can try to get this thing going and, failing that, is on-line the only way to get the board or can I purchase it in a store somewhere? I really need to get this thing working. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is no reset button on this unit. The cost of the machine has really very little to do with the fail-safe type options that are installed on the unit. There is a noise filter to try and stop power surges, but if it was bad, there would be no signs of life at all on the control panel (not lights, sounds, nothing).

As for purchasing the board locally, that'll be difficult for Bosch parts. Control boards are expensive, specific to each mode, and most parts stores don't stock Bosch parts. If you have a Sears Parts and Service center near you then you MIGHT be able to pick the part up locally---but otherwise you'd need to order the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Finally, I take it that this board you reference is located under the panel with the lights on and I will need to remove this panel to access it and replace it. Or, do I have to go in through the back? Through the front panel would be a lot easier. Please advise.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You are correct, the board is under the front control panel. To access the part, first go to the back of the washer and unplug it. Remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. After that open up the washer door and you'll see some white plastic caps around the top lip of the control panel. Pry these caps off with a knife and there is a screw behind each cap. Remove these screws and then you can pull the control panel off.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I really still can't see anything preventing you from changing the spin other than the control board. The symptoms are slightly different, but still close tot he same which is odd. I'd warranty out the control board and get a new one because it sounds like you got a bad bord as odd as that sounds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would it affect the machine in this way if I did not put the wiring harnesses back in the correct position? I think I got them back in the right way, but I am not 100% sure. I took a picture of the old board to make sure I did it right, but it was on my cell phone so the pictures are a little small to see. If this is possible, is there a drawing or picture that shows exactly where the wiring assembly goes. I really need to get this fixed. I am an over the road truck driver and if I can't get this done, I won't be able to work on it until next weekend. My daughters are liable to kill me.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
yes, that would definitely cause a problem, but there is not picture that shows the exact location. I'm not really sure the wires can even be put in incorrectly since I've never heard of that being done myself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about at the right hand side of the control panel, where there is a bunch of wires. Going from the bottom, I have the big clear assembly with blue wires, then moving up I have the Green assembly, then the Yellow assembly, then the clear assembly with 3 white wires then the White assembly with a single wire. I am pretty sure this is correct, but it is the plug ins around the side of the board that concern me. Is there any advice you can offer?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately you'd really need to have someone come out and check the wiring connections because Bosch will only speak to the technician while they are out at the customers house when going over wiring circuits on their machines.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a wiring diagram available. Where do you guys "learn the ropes", so to speak, to know where to put things back together? Is there a diagram available from Bosch or on the internet somewhere? I really appreciate any insight you can provide.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is not, this is just how Bosch handles their service. Some of the dishwasher now have upload-able schematics, but that's about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But then how did you learn the ropes of putting in a control module? The technicians had to learn somewhere.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
They hold classes for us. About 2 times a year they come in and we spend all day on a weekend going over their new models tearing them down and such. Training is hands on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh. That makes sense. Well could you possibly advise me on the proper wiring sequence. If there is a way to upload a photo to you, I could take a picture of what I have done, I could send it to you for your expert review.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is no way for me to do that as I have said before. Unless I'm at the house, Bosch won't even speak to me about wiring issues so there is no way I'd know.