Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Following up on that dryer that was too hot, I went over and

Following up on that dryer that was too hot, I went over and took and internal temp like you suggested and it was well within bounds, heating very gradually over 25-30 minutes to 208 degrees F, and after only about 2 minutes, dropping back down. But the clothes come out hot. Looks to me like it is the cool down cycle. This is an old dryer, maybe too old to have that feature?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

yes, it sounds like the dryer is working perfectly to me. These older dryers do not have a cool down feature like the newer ones do, and if there was really a heating problem, it would eventually break the thermal fuse or high limit thermostat. But to me, you watched the temperature for 25-30 minutes and it heated up perfectly, so I don't see a heating problem at all.