Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have al.g. washer model wm0642h displaying ue erro code.

i have al.g. washer model wm0642h displaying ue erro code. it stops before it goes into spin
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the error "ue" means that the washer thinks it's out of balance. Have you tried to run a cycle without any clothes inside to see if you still get the error code?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i tried without clothes. it washes ok . it will rinse ok on rinse n spin cycle. when it should start to spin it will stop before and display code

OK so open the door and spin the basket by hand to make sure the inner basket spins smoothly. If so, then you've either got a bad control board or a bad RPS sensor. The RPS sensor is the part that clips onto the back of the motor and gives a signal to the control board about how much the motor is straining to turn the basket. This is the part that normally fails and gives the control board a false error. Below is a link to the RPS sensor as well as a video that show syou how to replace the sensor.

CLICK HERE for sensor

If you continued to have problems after replacing the sensor, you'd need to replace the main control board I'm afraid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!