Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Maytag refrigerator Model mfc2061 heb Control panel was frozen

Maytag refrigerator
Model mfc2061 heb
Control panel was frozen up
Replaced control board behind touch pad
Still reads zero temp in freezer and 36 in fridge
Control panel is still frozen
Is there a reset
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fridge is 6 years old, this has been this way for 2......got tired ignoring it
Can you look inside the freezer behind the shelfs, need to know if you see any frost on that panel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No frost
Ok Bill, well since you have changed the control board out the only other thing I can think it would be is a bad sensor either in the freezer or the fridge. Either this or the control is locked up, let me look to see if the control has a unlock procedure, Ill get back to you in a minute.
When you installed the new control did it come with instructions on programming it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No instructions
Ok can you look inside the fridge, Inside there should be a sticker that has the model and serial number, Can you check to see if the sticker also has code: followed by a number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Code 0101.
Ok this indicates the control needs to be programmed, let me see if I can find the instructions.
Ok Bill try programming the control following the instructions below, It this fails to fix the problem then I would have to assume the problem is with the sensors.

The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad Door alarm .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad Door alarm and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is already correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature UP Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature UP Keypad to select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature DOWN Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE:

If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happened
Ok Bill then the only other thing it can be is the sensors, i cant think of anything else that would cause this other then the control and you have already replaced that.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are the sensors fixable, and if so how much could I expect to pay a repair service
The sensors are replaceable and they are pretty cheap normally around $10- $15, if i were coming to your house to do the repair you would expect to pay around $120 depending on region.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had to change control boards, got a revised no. W10207861...what is the reset procedure for this one
Will have to get back to you, I'm on service calls at the moment, thanks