Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hey, Appliance Doc, I got a call on an older Kenmore refrigerator,

Hey, Appliance Doc, I got a call on an older Kenmore refrigerator, apparently no digital stuff on it. Lady says it's not working but the light is on inside the cabinet. Where would you start? Relay on the compressor?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'd start by seeing if the fans are running. If no fans or motors are running at all, you're looking at a bad defrost timer or a bad thermostat because nothing is being told to turn on.

Now if the fan inside the freezer is running, check the fan back by the compressor and make sure it's running. If so, then you're down to the compressor or freon or overload relay.