Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My GE Monogram dual fuel stovetop wont turn off. The middle

My GE Monogram dual fuel stovetop won't turn off. The middle front burner continues to click and the red light remains on, no matter how I jiggle it. I have it set at low simmer right now, just to try to keep it quiet.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Just to clarify the ignition sparks wont shut off even when the stove is turned off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The stove still has power. The red light and clicking sound continue even when the dial is turned to off.

Ok can you give me the model number of the stove top, it's located under the stove on a sticker.

Thanks Shawn
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, looking that up. GE Monongram 36" dual fuel from 2006.

Ok can you give me a moment to look that up shawn
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just noticed that all 6 burners are sparking when this I turn the middle front to "off".

Thanks for that Shawn, Your problem here is moisture has got into one of the ignition switches, these are mounted to the on/off switches for the burners under the knobs.

First shut the power off for 24 hours in order to let the switch dry out then plug the unit back in, you should be all set but if when plugged in you continue to get the clicking then the switch will need to be replaced.

You can help the dry time by taking the knobs off and aiming a hairdryer on low heat at the shafts where you took the knobs off, It could take a while but after about a half hour or so you should be all set.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will try it. Thanks!--Shawn Peck