Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag refridgarator model afb2534deb. The top refridgarator

I have a maytag refridgarator model afb2534deb. The top refridgarator works but the bottom freezer won't cool at all.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel? Is the fan next to the compressor running? Also, touch the big black round compressor and is it room temperature, warm, or blazing hot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you there? I will have to leave this web site and go home to perform your request. How do i reconnect with you?
yes, I am here. You can just bookmark this page or save it in your favorites and then you can return here to this same question so that you don't have to pay again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fan is running and the compressor is warm but not hot

OK so unfortunately it sounds like you have a freon leak or a bad compressor. The way this refrigerator works is that the refrigerator cools by stealing air from the freezer. That means the fan that circulates the air is working and the refrigerator is trying to cool, but the compressor isn't working efficiently to cool the freezer down correctly. At this point, there is really nothing you can do but call a technician out because they are going to need to tap into the sealed system and check the freon pressure. If it's low, then there is a leak that will need to be repaired and re-charged. If it's not low on freon, you'd need a new compressor.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!