Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

When I wash a load of clothes and the cycle is complete, my

When I wash a load of clothes and the cycle is complete, my washer begins filling up with water again, even if I unplug the power cord. Please help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and look up the breakdown of your parts? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect, thank you. So there are only 2 parts that can cause the problem you're experiencing. The problem is that one of your electronic water valves is not sealing up so water is dripping through into the tub and filling the tub up slowly. You'll need to replace the faulty valve. Now these valves are the part that your fill hoses from your house connect to on the back of the washer itself. You'll need to determine if the hot water or cold water is the one leaking so turn the cold water hose off and if it stops filling up, replace the cold water valve. Below is a link to both valves. The first valve is the "single" valve, and the second larger 4 solenoid valve is the cold water valve. The cold water valve is the more likely part that fails.

CLICK HERE for valves

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not see the large valve behind my washer, where is it located?

It's not behind the washer, it's inside the washer. You'd need to remove the top panel to access it. This is the part that your fill hose connects to. To remove the top panel just pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Then the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to be clear the large valve is cold water and the smaller valve is hot?

That is correct, yes.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?