Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

My refrigerator, Model 611, is not working properly. Refrigerator

My refrigerator, Model 611, is not working properly. Refrigerator temp now at 53. The freezer seems ok. This morning I had "vacuum condenser" message. I did. Message went off, but I don't seem to hear compressor working now that I restarted. Temp still at 53. Help!
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section all up and down the rear wall. Can you find a very light coat of frost there? Even though it is 53 degrees it could be there so look very close.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not see any frost

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the top are 2 compressors that look like round black tanks, are both of those warm and vibrating lightly?

Also there is a fan up there that blow's air through the coils. Is that fan operating and are the coils fairly clean?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not seem like the compressors are vibrating. (I can't see clearly, there is a cover in front.) Not sure if fan is operating. I vacuumed the coils earlier, had message "vacuum compressor"

Has it been holding exactly 53 degrees for more than 10 hours?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know. I woke up this morning to find it at 53

In the fresh food section remove all of the shelving. Then the rear wall can be removed. Behind that are some cooling coils. Take a look at the image linked below. Do your cooling coils show a similar frost pattern?

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

Thanks,
Barry