Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kitchen Aid dishwasher model MDB7100 will not turn on. Breaker

Kitchen Aid dishwasher model MDB7100 will not turn on.

Breaker is okay but no lights on the control.

Is this a bad switch or do they have fuses?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you double check on that model number please? The model you gave me is for a Maytag dishwasher, not a Kitchen Aid.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry it is a Maytag

OK so this particular model does not have a fuse I'm afraid. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model dishwasher.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!