The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

my maytag neptune toploader goes through the entire cycle and

Customer Question

my maytag neptune toploader goes through the entire cycle and appears to be doing everything its supposed to, except clothes still have soap on them when it is done
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Delia. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FAV6800AWW

Thank you. One moment, please.

Sorry for the wait.

I would like you to do some diagnostics for me so we can see if all of the functions are working correctly.

Please see the screen shots below for the instructions.

Just do the board input and output tests.

What you are looking for is any cycle that does not work within 30 seconds of activating the test. Especially any water fill cycle.

Please let me know what you come up with and we can go from there.

Thank you.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Sorry, here is the instructions to put the unit into service mode.

Enter / Exit Service Mode
To enter Service Mode press the Enviro Plus and Spin
Only keys for three seconds or until the control beeps.
The motor speed will be displayed when started (motor
not running display will be 00). The present state of the
machine will not be changed. (i.e., the current cycle in
progress will not be interrupted and only the display will
change).
To exit: 1) Press Enviro Plus and Spin Only keys for 3
seconds again, or 2) press Off, or 3) unplug the
machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i currently do not have machine plugged in to water: Is that ok?

I think I did waht you said: turned on machine pressed enviro plus + spin for 3 sec it beeped numbers changed......PRESSED

normal got - -

wrinkle control got d

whites got d

color jeans got 00

bulky items each time i pressed it switched between .03, 22, d

enviro plus d

Delia, you need to get a 00 for the motor speed if it is not running ("turned on machine pressed enviro plus + spin for 3 sec it beeped numbers changed").

If the motor is running cancel all cycles (unplug the machine fore 30 seconds does that) and try entering service mode again.

You need to have the unit hooked up to a water source. You can run a garden hose with a splitter on it and hook one hose to each side of the splitter if you like.

Once you have that done please run another diagnostics and post the results here.

Thank you.

Best, Smitty

Delia, any luck with the diagnoistics?