Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Dacor Oven is beeping and there is a red light that shows

My Dacor Oven is beeping and there is a red light that shows F 1. What does this mean???
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So F1 is a very bad error code to get on your Dacor oven. It means there is an internal short detected in the low voltage heating circuitry. Now unfortunately you'd need to replace either the display board or the relay control board to fix this problem, but there is no way to test and know which one is definitely at fault. That being said, the display board is by far the most common part that fails, and if you order the part from they will allow you to return control boards unlike most places if you end up not needing it and need the other relay control board. The cost of the part is about $300 for either board on most of the Dacor model units.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only way to get it to stop beeping is to turn the circuit breaker off to the oven or unplugging the oven. Sometimes this will even reset the error after 24 hours, but I wouldn't plan on it as this is usually only temporary even if it does correct the issue for the time being.