Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

REFRIGERATOR RS2534WW Rs2534vq is not cooling and water is

REFRIGERATOR RS2534WW Rs2534vq is not cooling and water is not coming through the tap
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are both the refrigerator and freezer not cooling? Or just the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fridge side only

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what should i try

OK so it sounds like you have a defrost problem. You're going to need to pull everything out of the refrigerator and remove the bottom crisper and shelves. Remove all the screws going into the lower back panel inside the refrigerator and remove that back panel. If you have a lot of frost build up on the silver coils, use a hair dryer and thaw it all out. Also, thaw out the water reservoir tank against the back wall as this will allow the water dispenser to work once again.

Now once you thaw all the frost, if the issue comes back in a week or so, you need to replace the defrost sensor clipped onto the right side of the silver coils. Below is a link to the sensor you'd want to order for your unit.

CLICK HERE for sensor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!