Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a samsung dryer that is squealing. I cannot seem to

I have a samsung dryer that is squealing. I cannot seem to access the motor. Any advice?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the door way and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model is DV419AEU/XXA

OK, so this is really not an easy to get inside the dryer unfortunately. To gain access, you need to pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in from the inside of the dryer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Open the door and you need to remove the 2 screws below the door way. Now you can remove the front panel to access the inside of the dryer. Now at this point you can remove the screws on the right and left side of the front drum support and remove the entire front support. Reach under the drum and disconnect the belt, then pull the drum straight forward and out. Once you have the drum removed, you can spin all the wheels and the motor to see what is causing the noise. Then just replace the part or try to oil it, or something to that effect.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!