Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Freezer still works refer stoped cooling, still blowing air

Freezer still works refer stoped cooling, still blowing air but it's warm
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the freezer door and tell me if you see frost on the lower panel behind the shelfs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there is

Ok thanks Barney, the problem here is with the defrost system, You would need to take the shelfs and food out of the freezer, next remove the panel on the inside of the freezer, behind the panel you will see the evaporator (looks like the radiator on a car) looped below this is the defrost heater, this will need to be disconnected and tested with a ohm meter, if it reads open it will need to be replaced.

If the heater is good (reads continuity) then the defrost thermostat/sensor is bad, this is located clipped to the top corner of the evaporator. This will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.