Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a stackable washer/dryer, Maytag. Now, the washer moves

I have a stackable washer/dryer, Maytag. Now, the washer moves when washing clothes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..

Randy 43 :

do you have a model number? is this a frontloader or top loader ?

Customer:

model number is XXXXX it loads from the top

Randy 43 :

that model comes up as a gas dryer,any other numbers?

Customer:

serial number is XXXXX couldn't find a number on the washer

Randy 43 :

ok, is it a gas dryer on top?

Customer:

yes it is

Randy 43 :

Ok thx , when you say it walks ? it comes out of its support bracket? are the bottom rails locked into the front panel of the washer ? or is there a space there?

Customer:

I can see the bottom rails sticking outwards and its hard to push it back. Only one side of the washer the bottom rails sticks out

Randy 43 :

those should be tight against the front panel the panel locks everything in tight , you can unscrew those 2 screws on the bottom of the front panel and pull out from the bottom until the clips at the top release ..then you can pull the washer out from the support bracket 6-12" and try and slide it back in square reinstall the front panel and make sure both rails lock in ,that is maximum support

Randy 43 :

also while the panel is off look for oil inside the machine ,Excessive oil could be a transmission leak ,and causing slipping of the feet

Randy 43 :

watch your fingers ,with the front off there is no guide for the belty

Randy 43 :

belts

Randy 43 :

if it doesnt slide back in properely look at the back of the washer for a binding fill hose or connection

Customer:

Ok i tried it. I was about to give up but when I keep pulling the washer out the rails seem to go back in place and it was easier to move. So, when I pull the front panel back and tighten the screws the rails seem to fit in place as I tighten screws, does that sound right? I think it worked. And there was no sight of any oil spillage. The only way I would be able to tell is when I wash clothes. Thank you

Customer:

I mean PUT the front panel back not pull.

Randy 43 :

they should lock in and stay there providing stability , try it with a load of clothes , let me know if any problems ? thx Randy

Randy 43 :

there shouldnt be any spaces on the sides the rails should but up against the front panel

Randy 43 :

thank you

Randy 43 : This seems to be frozen?
Customer:

I think it worked I did a load of laundry and the rails are still intact

Randy 43 :

that sounds good ,it provides stability to the washer

Randy 43 :

my screen is always locked on you accepting? i thank you for that ,but it seems to be frozen ? would you mind trying that again? you will not be charged more than the one initial time , thank you and im glad it is all working ok

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.