Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MGR6875ADS dual range. The display began beeping

I have a Maytag MGR6875ADS dual range. The display began beeping at odd times, then the electronic controls became erratic. After a few weeks it finally locked into clean mode (but is not actually cleaning). It did lock the doors however. The display now shows OFF with the clock working. Any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like the random beeping is just the range touchpad starting to go bad thinking your pressing buttons that you're not pressing. The "OFF" means that you have locked both doors in an oven lockout mode. Let's try to exit this mode. Press and hold the Upper Oven CANCEL and Cook & Hold pads for three seconds. OFF disappears from the display and LOCK flashes while the doors are unlocking.

Now if that doesn't work, you definitely just need to replace the touch control board which is part number 5701M802-60 and costs about $220-250. You likely need to replace this part anyways due to the random beeping, but you may be able to get a little while longer if you can unlock the control panel if you're tight on money right now.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That worked, thanks!

Even so, I suspect we will need to replace the board soon.

Awesome, I'm glad you got it working again, but I too would assume that at some point in the near future you'll need to replace the board.