Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer is squeaking as the barrel is going around during

My dryer is squeaking as the barrel is going around during the cycle? Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is this a front load or a top load dryer? And do you happen to have the model number? It should be located on a sticker just inside the door way or on the back of the control panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Top load dryer. Model DE62t27D Fisher Paykel

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so this is quite a major repair on these top load dryers. The dryer drum bearing will need to be replaced, but this is not something you can likely do yourself. The dryer is incredibly difficult to access on these unit and re-aligning the drum door so that it glides properly opening and closing really takes some experience. The cost to have the bearing replaced is about $300.

If you wanted to try, I can sort of explain what would is involved. You'd need to open the lid and there are 2 plastic caps in the front right and left corner you need to pry out with a knife. Removing these caps will expose 2 screws which you need to unscrew. Now unplug the dryer and the entire top panel will hinge up and backwards. Now remove the screws along the top of the front panel. The front panel will unclip on the sides and then hinge forward and down. Once you remove the top panel, you'd need to grab the entire drum and it will pull forward and rock forward onto it's face exposing the belt and bearing and such for replacement.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.