Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my refig/freezer side by side gets a frost build up on the

my refig/freezer side by side gets a frost build up on the ice bin and desinated door area i have checked the door seal-adjusted temp to lowest tech has changed icemaker thermosts-defrost panel -water filter -I am broke and still have not solved promblem the appliance is only six yrs old?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? Also, can you explain what you mean by "desinated door area"? Are you saying frost is building up in the ice chute where the ice comes out the door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

m

odel#ED5JHEXTB00 YES FROST BUILDS UPONTHEWHEEL&DOOR PART WHERE ICE DROP OUT ON THE DOOR

So this is a very common problem for your particular refrigerator. There has been a kit re-designed to fix this issue and it comes with instructions which will walk you through how to install it. Basically the flap door hinges have broken because they are plastic so a new hinge has been designed out of metal. Or the flap no longer seals up for one reason or another but regardless, the kit will fix the issue. Below is a link to the kit you need to order and install.

CLICK HERE

The only part the instructions do not clearly show is how to remove the front panel of the dispenser, so below is a video that shows you how to do this.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!