Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Kenmore elite refrig

Kenmore elite refrig
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the door.

Also, can you explain your problem? I'm really not sure what you're looking for at this point.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry it didn t ask me that ;;;

model # 110567026500 Kenmore elite;;

do we have to order the whole 400.00 control if there is a defrost problem

That's quite alright, that's just why I ask requesting a bit more information. But that model you have listed is for a washer. Can I get the refrigerator model listed on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXXXXXXXX see if this one is correct

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's not it either. The number should start with 106 . XXXXXXXXXX or 795 . XXXXXXXXXXX, but not 110.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10656706500 sorry screwed up here

OK perfect. So the display board inside the refrigerator section is the part responsible to putting the refrigerator into defrost. You'll want to remove the lower back panel inside the freezer and test continuity through the heater that runs along the bottom of the silver coils as well as the defrost thermostat which is the 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. If either part doesn't have continuity, replace it. if everything checks good, then you need to replace that entire display board.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

another question on the same refrig there is another control down by the compressor (NNN) NNN-NNNN ;;; what is that control ; and function ??

I'm really glad you saw that. I was looking for that board and I didn't see it at So I went to the Sears website, and that is the board you need to replace. The display board is just a slave board, but the board back by the compressor is the part that controls the defrost function, fan motors, etc. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your unit.

I apologize about the confusion.