The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Emerson CR500 compact frige/freezer. Other than poor

I have a Emerson CR500 compact frige/freezer. Other than poor temperature control it has always worked that is until I unplugged it for several months. After replugging it in wont get cold. Somethings running I assume the fan but it appears the compressor is not coming on. Could the problem be the thermostat and if so is there a way to test it or jumper around it to be sure the problem is in the thermostat?
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Unfortunately when you unplug a unit for that long there are internal seals that dry out and cause the unit to leak out the refrigerant. You will have to have the unit recharged by someone licewnsed to handle refrigerrants.
Sorry for the bad news. I wish it could be better.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**