The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a used Maytag coin operated stack dryer, mlg23pdfww,

I have a used Maytag coin operated stack dryer, mlg23pdfww, that I'm going to use at a RV camp ground. It worked when I bought it a month ago. Took it home and decided to clean it out and change the belts and pulleys. After reassembly I get no display on the board. I bought a service manual with all the codes. Question is, did I mess it up not having an access key when I disassembled it or when I vacuumed it out. And what I need to do to get the board to light up. I called Maytag and got the access key number and ordered one which should show up tomorrow. Thanks

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Thge unit will lock itself out if the access key is not used. This is a security feature to keep people from opening the unit and keying in free washes or dry cycles.

Once you have the key the unit should be fine. If not it is just coincidence that the display went out.

Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**