Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire Affinity front-load washer wont start. Model ATF7000FS.

Customer Question

Frigidaire Affinity front-load washer won't start. Model ATF7000FS. Panel display looks good, laundry is securely in and not too tight against the door, but when I hit the button to start, it just buzzes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you listen closely and tell me exactly where you hear the buzzing? Is it coming from the door toward the right side? Is it coming from the back of the washer on the left side? Does the noise change if you pull or push on the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like it's coming from the right side of the door. When I pull on the door, it opens and the buzzing continues. When I push on the door, the buzz is slightly muffled (but still a loud buzz).

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so that is what I thought. Unfortunately this means that your door latch assembly on the right side behind the front panel of the washer has failed and it'll need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. This is why your washer will not start to wash the cycle. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is ordering the part online the best way to go, or if I wanted to find the part locally, are there certain types of stores that might carry it?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You can order it locally if you know of an appliance parts store in your area, but only an appliance parts store would have this part in stock.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found a local appliance parts store and got the part installed as the video showed. The machine is running now. Thank you very much!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, I'm glad you have everything taken care of. You have a great rest of the week!