Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Cabrio- Sounds like a jet plane. Leaking oil underneath...

Whirlpool Cabrio- Sounds like a jet plane. Leaking oil underneath... Bearings?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges. It's hard to see because it's tucked up underneath of the lid, but it's there.

Also, is the jet plane noise just on the spin cycle or also on the wash/agitate cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm away from the machine at the moment~ I'll let you know this afternoon. Thanks!

Ok sounds great, just let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model is # XXXXX
Check under the flat agitator, nothing stuck...
Please tell me I don't need a new tube and bearing assembly.
Perfect, thank you. So unfortunately you do need a new main bearing and shaft assembly. You'll need part kit W10435302. Now this is quite a big job, but below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace this kit if you think you want to try it yourself.

CLICK HERE for kit

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!