Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a kitchenaid stovetop model KGCT305X. The ignitor is

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid stovetop model KGCT305X. The ignitor is plugged in and randomly clicks when not in use. When I try to use the ignitor - nothing happens for any burner. Can I fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I understand that the igniter spark tips are randomly clicking, but are you saying that if you turn the knobs on no gas flows and no burners will light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gas flows and can be lit by match but ignitors dont click

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK perfect. So if you get randome sparking and all 4 burners are being affected and won't spark when you turn the burners on, it's not likely that all 4 spark switches have failed. The only part that ties the ignition together for all 4 burners is the spark module, so it sounds like the spark module has failed and will need to be replaced to fix this issue. To access this part, you'll need to remove all the knobs and burner caps as well as the burner grates. Un-install the entire cooktop and lay it upside down on a towel. Remove all the screws around the sides and bottom of the sheet metal cover. Pull the cover off and then you can see the spark module for replacement. Please do not mix up the wires and where they go or else it will cause some issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for spark module.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

Ordered and replaced the spark module and it works great!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Awesome, I'm glad to hear it's all up and running again. If you need anything else, just let me know.