Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Frigidaire refrigerator worked fine until yesterday after

My Frigidaire refrigerator worked fine until yesterday after a power outage. By late evening I noticed the freezer was thawing and the frig was not very cold. I hear it running and feel air blowing from the freezer but it's not very cold. It does sound like something keeps clicking on and off....like something is trying to work and won't?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FRS26LF70SN

Okay prefect, now can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and go in behind it ? listen for about 7 minutes and tell me if you hear a clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor area about every 3-5 minutes ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Every couple minutes something clicks on but then shuts off after about 5 seconds

okay great ! Actually that not bad news, It mean the compressor start relay has failed (probably from the power outage) Its fairly easy to fix yourself . Start DeviceNNN-NN-NNNN      Alternate Product View it just plugs onto the side of the compressor, do you have an appliance parts store near you ? if not you can order this online but you will need to put your food somewhere until you get the part, the refrigerator will get completely warm soon. If you need to order it online heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/241527803/1062105?modelNumber=FRS26LF7DSN?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If we buy this part and it doesn't fix the issue, do I just contact you again?

yes you can come back anytime it would be my pleasure to continue although I'm 100% sure its your issue, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great! Thank you!

your welcome !